Wednesday, August 09, 2006

exam done, 3 papers to go

After a mostly sleepless night my final exam has been written and I can breathe a little easier. 3 papers left to complete by friday night and then no school for three glorious weeks while I galavant around sweden! My travel plans are beginning to take shape and although there are no itineraries or set dates for anything except my arrival and departure, I feel like I am getting a general sense of how I will spend my time. Mostly behind a camera, I'm sure.

Chris is moving out and being replaced by my lovely friend Katie while I'm in Sweden. So I'll return home to a new roommate, new classes, new job (hopefully) with a recharged brain prepared for a busy semester studying islamic civilization, modern africa, making of the british isles, social history of Canada and music fundamentals. It's not going to be easy, but I'm sure it'll be interesting and a lot of fun.

In my quest to be more involved in student life, I've decided to join some clubs and groups on campus this fall. It should make being at school all the time a bit more interesting, and also it will be a good way to make some more friends (all my best friends from school last semester are back in sweden). Potential groups I may involve myself in are the radio station, canadian students for darfur, sustainable campus coalition, christian club, and the community economic development student union.

Anyway, let me know if you have any suggestions for completing poli sci papers at light speed, or excellent things to see in Scandinavia.

The swedish word of the day is resa, meaning travel.

Today I found the following articles interesting:
Map your flickr photos!
Top 10 unintentionally worst company URLS
Comma irks Rogers
The scandal at the Zoo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive