Saturday, August 19, 2006

kräftskiva



Last night we had a kräftskiva here at Helene's place. There were lots of crayfish, schnapps & swedes.

The swedish word of the day is kräftskiva, meaning crayfish party. These parties are a swedish tradition. In the summer, gorcery stores stock hats, plates & serviettes with crayfish on them.

The party was a lot of fun. It was nice to meet so many of Helene's friends who up until now i've only known through stories and photos. Benjamin came from Malmö. It was nice to see him again. The best part of course was spending time with Emma again. It was so good to see her. I've missed her so much over the last 9 months. I got to meet her handsome blonde-afroed boyfriend Tobias! He's lovely!

I like the way swedes drink shots while eating dinner accompanied by much singing and swaying. It was pretty cool and fun.

After the party we went to plysch in Malmö where Truls was the dj. It was a lot of fun. We all had too much to drink and danced the night away. When the club closed Helene left with Truls and I went with her friends back to lund for an afterparty at some guy's house. Essentially it was 4 drunk girls wandering the streets of lund at 5am.

When I woke up today I was not feeling super hot and I really didn't do anything today. I went for a walk in lund and then cleaned up some of the aftermath of last night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive