Tuesday, August 15, 2006

tåg

August 14, 2006 - I wrote this last night and forgot to post it.

Today I finished the last leg of my journey to Sweden. Arrived in Frankfurt at 6:50am after a lovely first class flight from Montreal. Quickly caught the next flight to Copenhagen. Got the train from Copenhagen to Lund. I had a little trouble at finding the transfer to Lund at Malmo, but after receiving some help from a very handsome and extra-fashionable Swede, I managed to get there.

First impression of Lund was that it was beautiful! Cobblestone streets etc. It looked exactly like how Europe should look in my mind. The city is old, lots of old buildings and interesting architecture. It was wonderful to meet up with dearest Helene! She met me at the station with her bike and we loaded my bags up on it and walked home. She lives very close to the station, in the centre of the city.

After having some breakfast with Helene, Truls (her boyfriend), Suzanne (her sister, we lazed around the house for awhile. I worked a bit on my very delayed final paper. Which will be done today, I promise! I don’t want to hear or think about it anymore, let alone write about it, so today it must be completed!

We were about to go on an exploration of Lund, but a thunderstorm discouraged us. We ended up walking over to Helene’s new apartment where Suzanne was cleaning and getting it ready to move in. I promptly fell fast asleep on the couch. I am a very tired girl.

It’s 6pm and I can barely barely keep my little eyes awake! I didn’t get much sleep on my trek here. Anyway, now I’m in Helene’s room, all snuggled in, ready to fall asleep for the night, but with my laptop and books keeping me sort-of, half awake.

I’m going to force myself to complete at least 1000 words and then it’s god natt for me!

The word of the day is tåg, meaning train.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive