Saturday, November 18, 2006

biograf


Half Nelson, originally uploaded by p373.

After a long day at school, some relaxation time was well deserved. Saw Marie-Antoinette & Half Nelson tonight with Trent & Alisha at the Clova. The Clova cinema is a really awesome old theatre in Cloverdale. It has this psychedelic silver metallic curtain. It is easy to forget that it is 2006 not 1976 the second you step into the theatre. Marie-Antoinette was not a masterpiece. It looked good and has the soundtrack of an indie-rock princess, but the screenplay is awful, and I was bored. I liked Half Nelson. It made me reconsider some of my own opinions and double standards about drug use and the criminality of the drug world. Have I created a distinction between the two in my mind to justify my behaviour?

biograf means cinema in swedish...i think.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive