Wednesday, November 29, 2006

översvämning

Spent the day at school writing my paper for Social History of Canada. The paper is a critical review of four pieces of literature which all have a common theme of descriptions of the Canadian aboriginal experience. It's a pretty good topic. Hung out with Mr. Chan in the library. I was planning on finishing my paper at school and handing it in, but the snow started again and the university closed at 7:30pm instead of 11:45pm. So home I went to complete my work. I met up with Katie and we went for a nice walk in the snow to pick up my rent. I love the weather right now! It is supposed to warm up tomorrow, which will melt all our beautiful snow. Very sad. Shortly after I got home I noticed a bunch of water on the floor of the apartment, then I noticed it was coming in through the wall. So my house is now full-blown flooding. I was supposed to work early in the morning, but that doesn't seem possible now because I have to keep an eye on this water situation. It turned out that the water faucet turned because of the cold and was shooting out water. So much water poured out that it seeped into the wall of the house. Too bad. I don't have insurance though, so I have to make sure my items are out of the water's path.

översvämning means flood in swedish.</p>

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive